Round 2 Open Flash Multiboard Mobile Alt flash
Major and Minor Flash Multiboard Mobile
Round 3 Open Flash Multiboard Mobile Alt flash
Round 4 Open Flash Multiboard Mobile Alt flash
Round 5 Open Flash Multiboard Mobile Alt flash
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Thanks again for the live board service Andy. The link to Rnd 2 Major Flash needs the "1" changed to a "2".
The flash board is rendering too big to fit in my browser. Adjusting the browser zoom does not change it. I tried Chrome and IE10 but both show same problem. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Major & Minor event boards are perfect size. Problem is only with Open,
George Neave Wrote:The flash board is rendering too big to fit in my browser. Adjusting the browser zoom does not change it. I tried Chrome and IE10 but both show same problem. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I am viewing in Mozilla Firefox browser and its perfect. I am using a fairly large 22 or 24" monitor though. It should really be auto sizing to fit into any half decent resolution and web browser though. If you want to try Mozilla, its a free download.

EDIT: the Open is also larger on my screen than the Major is. Although still quite viewable for me. Guess AH can fix it with a little bit of code editing (if he gets a chance).

ANOTHER EDIT: it actually views better oddly when the window in minimized and much smaller.
Can anyone tell me why Paul Roberts did not play 23. Qxg6?
It looked liked he had surely set up the threat with 22.Qd3. I'm thinking he probably didn't play 23.Qxg3 because he thought it was better to build up the pressure on the diagonal with 23.Be4 which still gave the option of winning the pawn but may have tempted the king to move to g7, leaving a Bishop check on h6 to win the exchange on the rook.

But that doesn't explain why after the black reply 23. Bg5, he could have exchanged bishops and won the g6 pawn next move or even just play 24. Bxg6 and win the pawn straight away so have to assume both players somehow amazingly just missed it.

I have seen a few missed wins and missed moves now watching the Open at home with my 1700 brain. I guess its a lot easier to see the moves watching at home!
Great entertainment there in Dawson - Jennings ending. DId white miss a win?
I think white can force the passed pawn home after trading of the Rook for blacks pawn on c7. The Knight is easily chased away from covering the pawn advancing, and knight forks on K+P are easily avoided?

What I don't understand is why not try for it regardless if it can be forced. You can't lose in a NxP finish (okay that is not 100% accurate, but white was never going to get mated in this finish with the black king at the other end of the board).
George Neave Wrote:The flash board is rendering too big to fit in my browser. Adjusting the browser zoom does not change it. I tried Chrome and IE10 but both show same problem. Does anyone know how to fix this?

George, are you viewing the Open games from the Chess Scotland web site or via <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://scotchesstour.co.uk">http://scotchesstour.co.uk</a><!-- m --> the Scottish Chess Tour website?

David
I also have the same problem, viewing the games in the Open through flash on Safari (CS link). It becomes really big for the screen. Major and Minor works fine.