Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AGM Motions & Ommissions
Andrew Muir proposed that to be eligible to become Scottish Champion a player must be SCO affiliated with FIDE.

I seconded.

Why is it not listed in the motions for the AGM?
Did you email Andy Howie or did you just post about it in the noticeboard (it has been mentioned at least once that that doesn't count as proposing a motion).
hamish olson Wrote:Did you email Andy Howie or did you just post about it in the noticeboard (it has been mentioned at least once that that doesn't count as proposing a motion).

No idea. I seconded on the board. I confess I have stopped reading the interminably dull thread about the constitution and so probably missed this point. Or I forgot that a motion proposed and seconded on the CS member bulletin board is fit for nothing better than to be ignored. How silly. The poll where a clear majority of members back the idea is no doubt of little interest also I suppose.

....I give up.
hamish olson Wrote:Or I forgot that a motion proposed and seconded on the CS member bulletin board is fit for nothing better than to be ignored.
sorry George
just to remind you non CS members can be forum members which make this forum a forum members forum as opposed to a Chess Scotland members forum. I have nothing to do with any procedure for motions. As to why the motion isn't on the agenda I don't know for certain but I would guess it wasn't sent to Andy H on time. perhaps if you email Andy H he can tell you , or perhaps Andy M knows as he was the proposer and I'm sure as ID he knows (or should know) the correct procedure for submitting motions
While I sympathise with George/Andy M and their motions - I'm a bit more concerned about the lack of volunteers/candidates for other positions - I'm assuming that there will be an attempt to try and fill from the floor on the day?
Lothian Junior Chess
http://www.ljc.org.uk
mclarke Wrote:While I sympathise with George/Andy M and their motions - I'm a bit more concerned about the lack of volunteers/candidates for other positions - I'm assuming that there will be an attempt to try and fill from the floor on the day?

I have more concern that there will be an attempt to try and fill from the floor on the day. I was nominated in advance but I had to stand and explain my qualifications to stand as junior home & what experience I had to bring to the post. Same for Phil as IJD. There has been little of that in recent years. The IJD post in particular, but both, need to have someone experienced in organising & co-ordinating events as well as having PVG & experience in working with juniors or be a parent. Schools development doesn't seem such an issue as nothing has been done for the last two years anyway but it would be nice if someone could take on the role & get more schools involved, especially Secondary.

Before the trolls jump on the bandwagon - no I'm not currently a member & we know why but I served my time for CS which is more than most have done Smile
Ianbrownlee Wrote:
hamish olson Wrote:Or I forgot that a motion proposed and seconded on the CS member bulletin board is fit for nothing better than to be ignored.
sorry George
just to remind you non CS members can be forum members which make this forum a forum members forum as opposed to a Chess Scotland members forum. I have nothing to do with any procedure for motions. As to why the motion isn't on the agenda I don't know for certain but I would guess it wasn't sent to Andy H on time. perhaps if you email Andy H he can tell you , or perhaps Andy M knows as he was the proposer and I'm sure as ID he knows (or should know) the correct procedure for submitting motions

I was under the impression you need to be a member to get account on this board?

It be a rather obvious innovation to have a thread on the board open only to members that is used to submit and second motions.
I have a motion for the AGM:

If a forum member witnesses another member attempting to propose a motion for the AGM, they could, like, remind them to formally put forward the motion. :')
'Proxy Votes must be received by 6pm on Sunday 23rd August, 2015' (CS announcement on AGM at the website homepage

Sadly I doubt if I can make it to the AGM but would like to provide proxy votes. The announcement above, however, fails to make clear either:

a) who should 'receive' such votes; or

b) in what 'format' they should be 'received'

Must proxies be forwarded to the Exec Director (or to any attending CS member, as has been 'OK' in the fairly recent past)? Is email OK (and to what e-address, if there is now a 'fixed' recipient)?

Grateful for clarification and many thanks.
Craig Pritchett Wrote:Must proxies be forwarded to the Exec Director (or to any attending CS member, as has been 'OK' in the fairly recent past)?

Yes they must be send to ED, but can be assigned to any attending CS member - no changes here

Craig Pritchett Wrote:Is email OK (and to what e-address, if there is now a 'fixed' recipient)?

email is good - have sent you a PM with Andy's email address.