Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New constitution
I cant make midweek morning meetings. Why not have a vote at AGM instead ? Discriminates against those working.
You really need a time machine.
"This is to give members notice that there will be an SGM at 10:30am on the morning of Tuesday 14th of June, 2015. The meeting will take place at the Tom Fleming Centre, Stewart’s Melville College, Edinburgh, EH4 3EZ."
Andy McCulloch Wrote:You really need a time machine.
"This is to give members notice that there will be an SGM at 10:30am on the morning of Tuesday 14th of June, 2015. The meeting will take place at the Tom Fleming Centre, Stewart’s Melville College, Edinburgh, EH4 3EZ."

Date now changed to July 14th for the sgm
= 20 days time

Constitution, I believe, requires 3 weeks notice for a general meeting.

Maybe 20 days complies with the new constitution?

Hard to tell - the 3 links don't work for me.
Phil Thomas Wrote:Constitution, I believe, requires 3 weeks notice for a general meeting.

The following is an extract from the current Constitution.

14.6 The Executive Director shall give two weeks notice to members of the holding of a Special General Meeting, but such a meeting will not be invalidated should any member not receive advice of the meeting

Phil Thomas Wrote:Maybe 20 days complies with the new constitution?

Therefore this notice complies with the current Constitution.

All the links worked for me, but you need a PDF reader to access them (Adobe Acrobat)
Andy McCulloch Wrote:You really need a time machine.

Thats what happens when you are on a train, trying to correct it and the damn internet is as flakey as hell. I didn't realise it had posted instead of leaving in draft... Took me about 20 minutes to get that date corrected, didn't take the pedants that long on here....
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Jim Webster Wrote:
Phil Thomas Wrote:Constitution, I believe, requires 3 weeks notice for a general meeting.

The following is an extract from the current Constitution.

14.6 The Executive Director shall give two weeks notice to members of the holding of a Special General Meeting, but such a meeting will not be invalidated should any member not receive advice of the meeting

Phil Thomas Wrote:Maybe 20 days complies with the new constitution?

Therefore this notice complies with the current Constitution.

All the links worked for me, but you need a PDF reader to access them (Adobe Acrobat)

You're right Jim - I was working from memory. But it does sounds like very little notice for changes as important as those proposed.
Unfortunate that job descriptions have not yet been written ( as I recall, this time from earlier this evening).

Links have now become active - interesting reading indeed.
Para 7.1.1, line 2 I believe "Executive Director" should read "Executive Operations Director".

It does on the version I've downloaded, anyway.

Another one for the pedants, we do keep score. Big Grin
JMcNicoll Wrote:Para 7.1.1, line 2 I believe "Executive Director" should read "Executive Operations Director".

You are quite correct that is a simple typographical error - sorry.

but... that I can, and have fixed. Will send correction for submission.
Well, pedant that I am, (retired teacher, look up pedant), I was amused by the discrepancy in the date for the meeting.

What I am not amused by, is that there was an unannounced meeting of the Council on 30th of May. There is no way ordinary members could be aware of this meeting, and the subsequent changes to their rights. (i.e. removal of votes for under 16's) Why was this meeting conducted with such subterfuge?

I have attended most of the recent Council meetings as an observer. As I recall there was no mention of this proposed meeting at the March Council meeting.

It seems remarkable that after nearly 3 years of cogitation, changes to the constitution can be proposed and accepted in a matter of days.

Apparently sneaked in, is the change to the requirement to be Scottish. (The grandparent rule. i.e. Plastic Scots) This was previously subject to a vote on it's own.
I dont like the new constitution.
Can I vote against it without being present at the meeting ?
On quick reading three points spring to mind already.

1. Grandparent rule. I don't think people should be eligible to play for Scotland if only connection is grandparent.
2. Two year rule. I prefer the rule of removing an undesirable director after one year instead of allowing incompetence to drag out.
3. Selection executive. Selections for international events should be decided by international director not selection executive. Otherwise ID role is pointless with no powers.