• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SNCL Rounds 1 and 2
2 games from D1, D2, D3 and D4

Morning link

http://www.chessscotland.com/livegames/SNCL/r1/tfd.htm

Link from 3pm

http://www.chessscotland.com/livegames/SNCL/r2/tfd.htm

Names will appear when we have them Big Grin
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Andy,

Thanks, this is great stuff ! I love the idea of spreading the live boards about all divisions for everyone to have a chance of using them. One more thing I would like to see though, any chance of getting a junior on one of these SNCL boards in the future ? I know from going to the Hamilton junior congress how thrilling it was for them to be live on the internet. I am sure most junior followers would not mind a wee bit of positive discrimination here.

Robin.
robin moore Wrote:One more thing I would like to see though, any chance of getting a junior on one of these SNCL boards in the future ?

Someone (who will remain nameless but not is not from this household) said Andy should offer an escape clause for any adults not wishing their game against a junior to be broadcast by making a £10 donation to the censory board fund Big Grin
Robin,

The board placements this morning were completely random. If you saw the start of the games you would notice that there were no names as I did not have the teams!
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
robin moore Wrote:Andy,

Thanks, this is great stuff ! I love the idea of spreading the live boards about all divisions for everyone to have a chance of using them. One more thing I would like to see though, any chance of getting a junior on one of these SNCL boards in the future ? I know from going to the Hamilton junior congress how thrilling it was for them to be live on the internet. I am sure most junior followers would not mind a wee bit of positive discrimination here.

Robin.

Lets see, I would need team sheets 48 hours before the games or teams to be there a full hour before hand. I would also need an extra half hour at lunch to do this.

On that basis I feel justified in saying "How does Noe grab you???"

Day went something like this...

7am, up and pack batteries that were charging overnight
8am, Phil arrives we pack his car with all the stuff
8:10 we leave
8:30 we pick up Mat's team mate
9:10 we arrive and unload Phil's car and help Donald with the stuff from his
9:10 - 10:15 we are setting up all the boards, sets, scoresheets, team sheets and everything else that we need to make the event run

10:15 - 2:15 play

2:15 - 3:00pm reset clocks, put down fresh scoresheets and everything that is needed for the afternoon. Eating takes place after the time control in session 1.

3:00 - 7:00pm play

Just where do you want us to work out where juniors are and move boards, retest connections and the 1,000,001 other things that moving boards cause.

The boards will be put down randomly each time. I will try to make sure that each team gets to use a board at lest once but there is no way I am going to try and second guess where the juniors are.
I should add, we will not always be using the 2, 2, 2, 2 formation we used today. If we have a match that is interesting, for example a match that will determine the league or a relegation fight, we may put up to 5 boards on it
A very fair naw !
Jacqui Thomas Wrote:Someone (who will remain nameless but not is not from this household) said Andy should offer an escape clause for any adults not wishing their game against a junior to be broadcast by making a £10 donation to the censory board fund Big Grin

A brilliant idea. It would certainly get me dipping into my pockets! =)
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!