Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Commonwealth Championships
Its 9am for Juniors and 2pm for the main event. We were in a world of pain yesterday and it took us a good hour to get things going properly. Were better organised today (and less stressed!!)
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Andy Howie Wrote:Its 9am for Juniors and 2pm for the main event. We were in a world of pain yesterday and it took us a good hour to get things going properly. Were better organised today (and less stressed!!)
Efforts are appreciated some good games so far #:-s
Is the current draw going to stand despite the MacQueen-Kelly result originally being incorrect?
Round 2 post up now (ignore the fact it says round 1 on the link!)

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.streetfightingchess.com/commonwealth-scottish-championships-round-1/">http://www.streetfightingchess.com/comm ... s-round-1/</a><!-- m -->
Linked it to main website, first post of this thread and about to put on main CS website. If you are going to change the URL can you warn me Big Grin
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Andy Howie Wrote:Linked it to main website, first post of this thread and about to put on main CS website. If you are going to change the URL can you warn me Big Grin

Superb Andy, cheers Smile Will do
Gupta just landed ...Bxh3 against Sachdev! Any ideas whats going on?!!
Think the point is: gxh3 Qh4 Bf2 Nxf4 Bxh4 Nxd3 hitting the rook and knight.... maybe!
Haven't seen that game David, going to have a look now though.

What about Pritchett v Bezuidenhout on board 16, draw agreed in the final position shown, but isn't black completely winning?
Yea Gupta's sac seemed pretty creative, especially when it looked like his position was crumbling.

Yes Pritchett is totally lost there I think! Maybe its an error? Or maybe his lowered rated opponent whimped out!?
Can't see a defense for Craig - Kf1 Rb1 Re3 Qc3! is nice