Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Commonwealth Championships
As you may have guessed, I am using the first post in this thread for info. Will update as needed

Round 3 links

Main event

Boards 1-5
Boards 6-15
Boards 16-25
Boards 32-39
Boards 26 - 31, 40-42

U16
U14
U12
U10

Photos

Blogs

Mine
Andy Burnett's
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Thanks in advance Andy, you are doing a great job with the live boards which must be a bit of a burden to carry. Our club only has 1 player playing this season but we always send out an email to our members, many of whom like to follow their club mates at tournaments. I am sure this is the norm with many other clubs also. Its good promotion and accessibility for the game. Fingers crossed there is not to many technical issues.
Looks like we might have 42 boards live this afternoon. just wired in the last 9. Big Grin
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
I know the games haven't started yet, but I cannot get the link to the live games to work. Am I doing something wrong?
Great start for young Murad!
Result of the day has to be

73 Aird, Ian 0.0 SCO 1941 Smith, Callum 0.0 SCO 868 ½-½
Yup! Fantastic result - great to see the kids doing well...

Vlad-Victor had a nice finish against Parks - Rxd7!
Must have had the crowd (and maybe even Joe!) off their feet!
I'm hoping to blog each day on my tournament/games - if I find the time some pics/other games/etc will be added

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.streetfightingchess.com/commonwealth-scottish-championships-round-1/">http://www.streetfightingchess.com/comm ... s-round-1/</a><!-- m -->
Nice one there Andy. Just to mention another young player who had a great result today...Rachel Lorna Smith beat a player 832 points above her published grade in the u12 event.
Looks like today's games kicked off earlier than yesterday. Are the daily round times published anywhere, I couldn't see on the official website, and the entry form is no longer available. Cheers.