Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Commonwealth Championships
amuir Wrote:I got free entry. Women are not predictable. Both wife and mum don't want me to play. They seemed happy at start but now complaining. My wife said the real commonwealth games are more important than the chess and as I am staying at my mums she complained my game finished late and my tea got cold.

Andy,

Barring 'emergencies', your first loyalty should be to the tournament.

You have been given free entry, are the CS International Director & Olympiad captain, and other people have paid good money to enter, partly to have the chance of playing titled opposition (a band which will number one fewer if you withdraw, and may affect affect possible norm chances).

Given that your wife and mother knew you were playing and didn't object, you should consider standing up to them and explaining how bad your withdrawal would be for the reasons given above.

P.S. Hire a babysitter and buy a microwave.
Andy Muir wrote...

Quote:I got free entry. Women are not predictable

Thank goodness ChessScotland have elected a director that is only interested in himself and is not interested in equal rights.

I am sure we all agree with this, don't we?
robin moore Wrote:Andy Muir wrote...

Quote:I got free entry. Women are not predictable

Thank goodness ChessScotland have elected a director that is only interested in himself and is not interested in equal rights.

I am sure we all agree with this, don't we?

A tad harsh, Robin. The man's tea got cold. No chess tournament is worth that.
Alan,

Maybe you are right enough, perhaps Andy has not been feeling all that gran recently.
Today's debacle more likely to have been the result.
Graham Kerr Wrote:What happened today?

Also, i see the live boards went down...

They did??

The CS ones did for about 5 mins when my computer froze but I am not aware of the others. I monitor from the internet and didn't see any probs.

If you do notice a problem, please email me!
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Ah the links are down. They are on the DGT cloud so I have no idea, They were there when I left!!!
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
I was following many of the games live until about 6pmish, all seemed to be well.
Looks like the ones hosted on the cloud have gone down post finish Sad Unfortunately little I can do about it until I am in front of the 4 computers tomorrow.
Andy Howie Wrote:Looks like the ones hosted on the cloud have gone down post finish Sad Unfortunately little I can do about it until I am in front of the 4 computers tomorrow.
No worries...
I had to reboot after an update, couldn't get back in, can't remember what time that was at...