Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottish Girls Championships - Location
Hi Andrew,

You've certainly moderated on enough "nonsense" written on this noticeboard over the past couple of years to recognise it when you see it! This is not about blaming folk, however it is about taking responsibility and CS had a clear opportunity to avoid this duplication. Can I also make a small point that adding smiley faces to derogatory remarks about noticeboard contributors comments doesn't really help to sugar coat the remarks, or make them any more palatable! If you don't agree with a comment then that's fine, however I do suggest reading my previous post again - I'll try to improve my grammar in future! I was, for the record, echoing a point which Mike Scott had made earlier in the thread, that it serves no-one particularly well the fact that we have 2 championships the same. Ok, so my criticism of chess scotland went further than Mike's, however the fact remains that the current deliverers of the Championships (SJC), had dates and plans well in advance of this other event appearing. Would it not have been better to let it go for this year, rather than drag the majority of probable entrants half way across the country just so a point could be made and an "official" event created? Also, the rationale that having 2 of everything has to be a good thing is a proper "nonsense". No-one is seriously suggesting that 2 Richardsons, MacIssacs or Commonwealths in the same year would be a good thing, so why would this? Is it because it's only kids, so it doesn't really matter? That's kind of what I'm hearing! I reiterate my point that the lack of coordination and strategy on this matter has been deplorable and debilitating for girls chess in particular. If folk don't want to see this and choose instead to get defensive of their pals then that's up to them. Perhaps some form of explanation as to why we needed to have the 2 events would be a start and would be helpful to my understanding of where we stand? Apart from some of the decisions being made, communications from CS directors to the wider chess community seems to me to be the biggest single failing of the Chess Scotland organisation. Finally, for the sake of clarity, let it be known that my hat is well and truly off to all the regional organisers of junior chess and all the players in the less densely populated areas of scotland - I'm guessing it's not easy!

Messages In This Thread