Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottish Girls Championships - Location
For the record, I should point out I emailed Derek and Andy Howie on the 30th August (about 6 days after the CS AGM) stating that I was keen to work with SJC and it was my hope that CS and SJC could continue to collaborate on the running of the Primary Individual, Scottish Girls Championships & Primary Team Championships.

The response was that there would be no collaboration between CS and SJC for the next 12 months and that SJC would be running CFK events, SJC Girls Championships & Primary Team Championships. I was wished good luck in my role and directed to contact Derek Howie, Phil Thomas and Peter Woods for any on-going communication which I have done.

All further communications (as above) have been amicable and there have been no issues that I can recall.

Most recently, I have invited an SJC representative onto the Home Junior Board and I am hopeful SJC will play a constructive role in the HJB.

On to the topic at Council, I raised a discussion point at Council to highlight the confusion that had been caused to parents and players with having two events and entry forms seemingly calling the events the same thing. I raised this at Council as it was the appropriate forum to gain the mood of Council before contacting SJC. I was fearful of causing an issue between both organisations and thus wished to gauge the mood of Council. Derek was at the meeting as a member of Council and committed to bringing up the concerns ie- entry form and email invitations referring to the ‘Scottish Girls Championships’ and the concern that we end up with two Scottish Girls Champions. There was nothing more sinister in it than that and any member of CS could have attended Council as an observer and would have gathered this information.

I hope the event in six days goes well and there was no attempt made to undermine the event. I will be very interested to hear the feedback of the pamper party as I think its an innovative way to get girls into chess and to broaden the appeal if you like.

In the interests of not causing anymore confusion perhaps its worth considering two topics for the two separate events?
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!

Messages In This Thread