Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe McAdam
I received a call this morning with the sad news that Joe McAdam passed away at 10pm last night. My thoughts and prayers are with his friends and family at these sad times.

I will pass on details for the funeral when I have them.

Being involved with Junior Chess, my first recollection of Joe, was when Mike introduced me to Eric and Joe at a tournament. It was obvious to me that the two of them had worked together for some time and made an excellent team. Through the years I have worked with Joe at many tournaments and he was great fun to work with.

I always remember one junior telling me that there was nothing more terrifying than when you know you were messing about, and you heard the swish swish of the wheelchair wheels getting closer. You knew you were in trouble.

Joe, along with Eric, were quite deservedly awarded the Presidents Award last year for the work they had done over many many years in North Lanarkshire.

There has been some brilliant juniors come through the Joe / Eric stable.

Joe will be sadly missed.

RIP
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"

Messages In This Thread