Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottish National Online Chess League (SNOCL)
Hi on guys dont shoot the messenger here. All games will be screened by chess.com (or the platform mentioned) Chess.com automatically screen all games on their platform ( as does LiChess ) as long as they are rated by the chess platform. Everyone and I mean everyone (bar one) I have spoken to have indicated they dont want their games screened by CS and they dont want their games graded by CS. If there is a majority wishing for Chess Scotland screening, then I will ask CS if they will do so, which would probably affect the entrance fee as well as this is not a Chess Scotland, similar to the SNCL. Again if there is a majority to make this a CS event then I will ask the management board (and council) to accept this as a CS event. The only screening the SACC provide is for games submitted for allegro grading, but i would be happy to clarify this..

In Summary there is automatic anti cheating screening by the online chess platform already, the question here is whether additional screening by CS is being asked for. For CS screening, i would require all games in the tournament to be sent to me or the anti cheating committee in order to create a PGN, making all games public. I suppose we could then publish those games on the CS website

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scottish National Online Chess League (SNOCL) - by Ianbrownlee - 16-10-2020, 12:18 PM