Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question re blitz chess draw by repetition
as I hope to take the arbiters course in the near future I sort of did a wee bit of digging on this and I have come to the following conclusions

1. Any player can pause the clock at any time in any tournament unless there is a local rule (possibly in rules of play) specifically forbidding this

2. There is no intervention of any team captain or any other player unless the team captain(s) are appointed arbiter because of an absence of arbiter.

3. Any senior arbiter can appoint anyone as arbiter during a tournament priot to commencement except FIDE tournaments

4. A score sheet is not required during a draw claim as the arbiter is entitled to watch a few moves once the game is recommenced. ( a surprising bit for me was that the position has only to be on the board three times not repeated three times ) A score sheet is required however if a claim is to be made regarding no attempt is being made to win a game

5. Blitz rules are a bit different because of the unique importance of time and are diffent from allegro and quickplay finish rules

6. Here's a scenario for you to answer. White player plays an illegal move and either leaves his king in check or puts his king in check ( I did both on Sunday!) Black responds by taking the king . Whats the result ? The answer may surprise you! Smile Smile Smile

Messages In This Thread