Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question re blitz chess draw by repetition
rather embarrassing from the home director so here goes to my external shame....

first of all I was playing for Hamilton B in a match where Alexander Bond was playing Donald Heron. The perpetual draw issue came up where it was ruled that a draw could not be claimed. I personally thought by demonstrating the perpetual draw had occured using half a dozen witnesses was valid but Ken said no and explained the reasons why. However two rounds later my opponent claimed a draw against me and i refused and after the game I explained why I had played on which meant I won the game why, so in my position it balanced out. Having lost two games with putting my king in check twice and putting my queen en prise I really had a topsy turvey tournament.
My question is was Alexander entitled to pause the clock in order to call an arbiter? Alexander was told both by his opponent and the opposing team captain he couldnt pause the clock. If so and the arbiter is now present could the arbiter now "witness" the perpetual moves.
My shame is twofold.. I won a game on time when in normal chess it probably would have been a draw and secondly i misinterpreted Ken's pre tournament instructions when he said taking an opponents king was illegal, I failed to see playing al illegal move by placing your king in check or failing to spot your king was already in check (ahem) lost the game.
Anyway I really enjoyed myself nevertheless and I intend to play again next in whatever team would have me! Smile

Messages In This Thread