Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U16 Olympiad Istanbul
Andrew has just won as well! Fantastic! 2.5 - 0.5 with Zak still playing.

Interesting to see who we are paired against this afternoon.
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!
Zak seems to be using a lot of time. Perhaps he is distracted by the team's Swedish female opponents. Concentrate on the game Zak!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.scotchesstour.co.uk">http://www.scotchesstour.co.uk</a><!-- m -->
Andy McCulloch Wrote:You seem quite happy to chat with the boys. (Of all ages.)

It's just that all of you chess guys are so facinating Big Grin

Well done to the Scotland Team so far!!!!!!!!
2 excellent wins for the team. Well done, guys!
David G Congalton Wrote:Zak seems to be using a lot of time

David,
Its a family thing, havent you watched Ali play? Tongue
2 wins from 2 matches. GET IN THERE!!!

Would love to see them make it 3/3 V Turkey-Red this afternoon!
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Great stuff and this afternoon's match should be winnable! Great to see Ian finishing off in style!
Jacqui Thomas Wrote:David,
Its a family thing, havent you watched Ali play? Tongue

Jacqui

I try not to watch Ali play or, for that matter, Anna Milton. They both have a habit of hovering their hands over a pawn or piece and then seeming to think better of it and then deciding they were right after all and then maybe they're not.

I have to fight very hard to stop myself from

1. Expressing my opinion that they should "just move the piece!" or some similar phrase.

2. Walk over and slap them on the back of the hand with a suitable item such as a ruler.

3. Walk over and move the piece for them.

4. Shout "Thank God" when they finally make their move.

The complication of time trouble can almost push me over the edge, although it seems to have no effect on this pair of ice maidens, who do not appear to change their demeanour or the speed at which they play. It certainly gets the nerves jangling for this spectator and when it works out well it's like watching your team score in the dying minutes to win the cup. I'm that bit older now though, so I try not to watch these two when the clocks counting down, as I'm not sure that the increased stress is good for the heart at my age.

Unlucky this afternoon guys. Two rounds a day at this level must be tough. Good result for Zak though and with almost twenty minutes to spare. Big Grin
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.scotchesstour.co.uk">http://www.scotchesstour.co.uk</a><!-- m -->
A very ınterestıng day wıth plenty of good battles. Sweden thıs mornıng we reckon had theır boards ın reverse order. Ian and Andrew won quıte easıly, Murad was possıbly lucky to get a draw and Zak was ın hopeless tıme trouble and lost. 2½-1½ for us. Turkey-turquoıse thıs afternoon I reckon were a very good young team. They seemed well prepared and moved very quıckly. Ian buılt a good posıtıon but was 50 mınutes behınd on the clock and couldnt hold ıt together. Murad was outplayed by a seemıngly well prepared opponent. Danıel was doıng fıne untıl playıng a couple of loose moves and hıs opponent took full advantage. Zak was ın real trouble but dug ın and got a well deserved draw. 3½-½ to the young turks. A wee bıt dısappoınted thıs afternoon but overall we are pretty pleased wıth our results. We feel we can compete wıth most of the teams here wıth the exceptıon of the really top ones,

Robın.
robin moore Wrote:We feel we can compete wıth most of the teams here wıth the exceptıon of the really top ones,

Robın.

We can compete with any of these teams................but hey, we probably wouldn't win against Russia and co but as Andrew would say..................bring it on ;P

Playing Malaysia tomorrow.