Forums
European Youth - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.chessscotland.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Members Only (https://www.chessscotland.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: Junior Chess Chat (https://www.chessscotland.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: European Youth (/thread-342.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Re: European Youth - robin moore - 19-08-2012

Yes, seven and a half points today. Well done all round, the first couple of days have been hard going but today overall was a better reward for the amount of hard work that is being put in there by everybody. Delighted for Alan and Hugh, I know how much it means to have a good day like this. Keep up the great work,

Robin.

Re: European Youth - Calum MacQueen - 19-08-2012

Much better day! Good to see results going up all over the shop, Murad appears to be flying. Fair play to both Nihad and Ian for playing it out, it takes a little bit extra to play your pals at these things.

Keep up the good chess, team.

Hugh Brechin Wrote:my RVP-like striking

Presume this is when he's injured, with a broken everything? I've seen you at Monday night football, RVP doesn't often use his shin when he shoots.

Re: European Youth - robin moore - 19-08-2012

Yes, Murad doing well. I see that tomorrow he has a Spanish opponent of a roughly similar grade to his previous three opponents. I was discussing this evening with a parent about fide grades (or lack of one) at these major international junior events. Is it an advantage or a disadvantage to be a zero fide rated player at these events? If you are zero your opponent may know nothing about you (Murad would probably have been a bit of a surprise to say the least to his first opponent). On the other hand, if you are zero rated, you are virtually guaranteed at this level to be paired with a very strong opponent in the first round (and probably the second). I am certain they don't have their national grades listed on the paper scoreboard in the hall at these events or the website for that matter, but they certainly do at adult events like the U2000 section at the Czech Open (Zero fide rated Russia and/or junior beside their names are the words you don't want to see!).

Re: European Youth - robin moore - 20-08-2012

If that score for Carl Milton up already today is correct, it's a fantastic result. Yesterday he dug in and held on for a draw v a 2035 player, today he has beaten a 2051 player.

I am just wondering now if Carl's opponent defaulted or similar because although Carl has a 1 beside his name for today, it hasn't increased his overall score.

No doubts about this one though! Murad has won again.

But Liam sadly has just lost

Re: European Youth - Andy Howie - 20-08-2012

109 Milton Carl 0 SCO 0 1 ½ 1 2.5 21 B16

Showing as a win for me. Hopefully Hugh will shed some light on it for us

Re: European Youth - Andy Howie - 20-08-2012

Abdulla Murad 0 SCO Rp:2057 Pts. 3.0 =o

Andy,

You're spot on, it has just changed and updated his overall score and now I note that Hamish Olson has just won as well!